Tuesday 22 November 2011

Editing!

Editing is a process whereby sources or materials are arranged to produce a particular affect towards the audience. There are different types of editing involved in title sequences and each produces a completely different effect. Examples of these types of editing are listed below:
  • TAKE
  • SEQUENCE
  • CUT
  • JUMP CUT
  • FADE
  • WIPE
  • DISSOLVE
  • SUPERIMPOSE
  • MONTAGE
  • INVISIBLE EDITING/CONTINUITY EDITING
  • MOTIVATED EDITING
  • LONG TAKE
  • SLOW MOTION
  • SHOT-REVERSE-SHOT
  • DUBBING
  • EYELINE MATCH
  • MATCH ON ACTION
Each and every type of edit used has a particular effect and purpose which is always taken in to consideration when used. Within my title sequence, I must be clear with what type of editing i use in order for my title sequence to convey itself to the audience. With my title sequence genre being thriller, the edits that I may have to really consider using would be the likes of a long take which is used to establish the setting and environment present. The edit types such as shot-reverse-shot and match on action i believe are normally found quite regularly in action movies and so by featuring a lot of this, the audience may well believe that my title sequence genre is 'action' and not actually 'thriller' causing a risk in how successful my title sequence is perceived to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment